Thursday, June 16, 2016

Mythology and fantastical stories told in works of art or words brought

history channel documentary Mythology and fantastical stories told in works of art or words brought me out of myself, out of my funk, out of my quiet transient world. Steadily words turned into the things that most captivated me. The story of the predicament of Icarus supplanted Picasso's pictorial tale. However workmanship still had and still has a hold, as does music. Only two years prior as I stood gazing enchanted at an artistic creation of Perseus with the gorgon's head I was transported to my adolescence. This artistic creation wielded its way into the stories told in the photo authoritative manual for my youth. It wielded its path, merging with the story of Samson killing followers with the jaw bone of an ass. Greeks and Philistines, gorgon's head and ass' jaw bone played at a game of seat juggling, changed spots while framing new accounts in my brain. Words and pictures, mythology and religion flawlessly blended. This was absolutely how my most punctual story weaving sessions started. Much the same as so was the birthing of my presence as the writer and storyteller. For me in any event I compose in light of the fact that I am constrained to. This impulse is a sort of imaginative lunacy that beats any trepidation of dismissal. Also, that is extremely blessed since we essayists manage a larger number of dismissals and thump backs than individuals in most different jobs.

Despite the fact that the main impetus behind my initial works was the need to demonstrate to myself that I was sharp, that I had an aptitude and a reason on the planet, composing soon formed into a self-encouraging kind of fixation. I should likewise credit my mum for the significant part she played in turning me onto writing and perusing all in all. A previous teacher, mum was a book addict who could be transported to the stratospheres whilst waxing expressive about Jane Austen or recounting Mark Anthony's discourse from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar for the umpteenth time. So in case you're a guardian and you need your kids to get the written work bug, you could begin by teaching inside them an energy for perusing.

Mogbolahan Koya-Oyagbola is the creator of the short story, Seafood Pasta which shows up in the compilation - Weaverbird Collection: New Fiction from Nigeria 2008. His first gathering of short stories "Some White English Women I've Almost Known" is currently out and accessible on amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment